October 31, 2023
- You can now update an existing watermark template. Before, you could create a new version of a template. Now, you can add or remove watermarks from the template, add or remove forensic watermarking, and update the template's title and description. To learn more, please see Update a Watermark Template.
- In the watermark template builder, we revised the description of image watermarks to improve its readability.
October 17, 2023
- On the Titles page, a green badge now indicates that a title is live; a yellow badge indicates a title is not live. When you hover over a title, click the View Reviewers button to see which reviewers are assigned to that title.
- Also on the Titles page, a title’s name now appears below the title’s key art. For titles with longer names, each title card now supports up to two lines of text. Hover over any title name to view a tooltip with its entire name.
- When you click the tabs on the Links page (All, Live, Expired, and Scheduled), the right drawer now refreshes correctly.
- On the Reviewers page, the buttons for adding and importing reviewers are now displayed prominently in the top right corner of the page.
- We fixed a bug that caused a screener to continue playing even after hitting your browser’s back button. Note that this issue only affected Screeners.com administrators, not reviewers.
October 3, 2023
As an administrator, you can now add your network logo to a watermark template. When you’re creating a template, just select the new “Image” option from the list of watermark types. An upload window will appear on the right side of the template builder where you can upload a PNG file. Click here to learn more.
When you select a link on the Links page, you can now click the title or screener’s name on the right side of the page to view its corresponding analytics.
In the Screeners section, you can now click the paper airplane icon below a screener’s thumbnail image. Clicking this icon, which indicates that a screener was shared in a link, will direct you to a list of every link containing that screener.
“Users” are now referred to as “reviewers” throughout the app. We made this change to distinguish between two types of users: the administrators who upload and share content and the reviewers who watch it.
On the Reviewers page (formerly the “Users” page), the Titles column now updates correctly when a title is deleted.
For clarity, we added the text “Search reviewers” to the search bar in the top right corner of the Reviewers page.
September 19, 2023
- If you open a Screeners.com link while you’re logged out, we now redirect you to the correct page after you log in. Before, MFA users would land on the home page after logging in, instead of the intended page.
- We upgraded to a more interactive chat support that recommends Knowledge Base articles based on your exact needs. If your question requires further assistance, we’ll ask you for some basic information, so a member of our team can help you as quickly as possible.
- We fixed a bug with our “Up Next” feature, which could result in an error message when trying to watch a screener. Now, as long as a screener is live and you’ve been granted access to it, the screener will play successfully.
- We added a Confirm button to the popup window where you confirm your recovery number is up to date. This is in addition to the Close button in the top right.
- When you enter or update your recovery phone number, you can now search by both country code and country name. By default, the country code is now set to +1 for the United States.
- When you export a CSV file from the Usage page, the date range represented in the spreadsheet will now match the dates you selected with the date picker.
- On the user management page, removing a user tag from a subset of users will no longer remove that tag from all users.
- When you add a new user to your system, we now check that you’ve entered characters in the first and last name fields, instead of just hitting the spacebar. Names are required for screeners to play successfully.
- If you’re adding users to your system by uploading a CSV file, we now alert you if any rows in your spreadsheet are missing a user’s first name, last name, or email address. These fields are required to add a new user.
- When you’re uploading a screener, the Add Screener button is no longer clickable until the poster frame finishes uploading. This ensures your poster frame is displayed properly.
August 22, 2023
On the Links page, you can once again sort your links by end date. Before, clicking on the Ends column could result in the message “No links match your criteria.”
We fixed a minor visual defect on the “activate MFA” page.
August 1, 2023
- You can now schedule email notifications to automatically send when a link's start date arrives. In addition, you can set a title's start date in the future and opt to send email notifications once that date arrives. To learn more about creating and scheduling links, please see Links: Sharing Individual Screeners.
June 28, 2023
- Streaming from your Screeners.com account is now limited to one device at a time. Single device streaming is a security feature that helps ensure the only person watching a screener is the intended recipient. You can learn more about single device streaming here.
June 13, 2023
- The “Help” button on the MFA Settings page now directs you to the correct Knowledge Base article.
May 30, 2023
If you enter an incorrect MFA code during the login process, you can now try again without needing to request another login link. After the two-minute window is over, you’ll need to request a new login link.
May 16, 2023
- On the Usage page, you can now select any end date up to and including today, even if your contract has already ended.
- Removing the start or end date from the Usage page no longer results in an app crash.
- On the Analytics page, deleting the start or end date no longer displays an “Invalid date” message. Instead, you can just choose another date from the date picker.
May 2, 2023
- We updated some messaging that asked you to add your recovery phone number after you already added it.
- We fixed a visual defect that cut off the contents of the login page when viewed on a mobile device.
You can now add a recovery phone number to your account. This will allow you to log in to Screeners.com if you ever lose access to your MFA. Last month, we released this feature for viewers. Now, both viewers and administrators can add a recovery number.
In the watermark template editor, the watermark preview is working once again. We fixed a bug that displayed a black window instead of the watermark preview.
March 21, 2023
- As a viewer, you can now add a recovery phone number to your account. If you ever lose access to your MFA, you can enter this number, receive a verification code via SMS/text message, and get back into Screeners.com. For a how-to guide on adding and using your recovery number, please see Setting Up Your Recovery Number.