Screeners.com only support video files for upload. You may need to encode the file into a web-friendly format so your viewers have a proper playback experience and your upload time will be decreased.
- We recommend uploading h.264 encoded mp4 files with up to 4 Mbps variable bitrate.
- When you upload a file to Screeners.com, we create and play back a watermarked 720p proxy of the original file. Therefore, we recommend you upload a file that is 720p or higher, based on your preferences.
- File names must have a supported extension. Click here for a list of supported extensions.
- File names can contain only supported characters--which are letters, numbers, single spaces, dashes and underscores. The browser uploader will automatically check for a valid extension and filename before upload.
- Video and audio files must have at least 1 channel of audio. Any audio channels beyond the second will be mixed down to 2 channels; having zero audio channels or more than 8 channels within a single audio stream will not generate a preview.
- Anamorphic videos will not be un-squeezed, and will need to be converted to 1:1 square pixels PAR before upload.
- Content must be uploaded as individual files.
Best Quality Recommendations & Considerations:
- SDR (Standard Dynamic Range) content is recommended. If you have HDR (High Dynamic Range) content, it's recommended that an SDR graded version be uploaded.
- Limit the number of transcodes. Screeners.com can accept files up to 60GB in size. You may opt to upload a mezzanine, a re-export from your finishing software, or a less compressed file (ProRes, DNxHR, etc.) instead of an h.264 to retain as much visual quality as possible. Note: transcoding from an h.264 to ProRes or DNxHR file prior to uploading to Screeners.com negates this.